The objective of the conference is to discuss the main economic challenges facing the European transition economies (EU entrants and other candidates, with a particular focus on Croatia), and to provide fresh insights and ideas on how to approach the common and country specific problems. We are looking for analytical, empirical and policy-oriented papers that would enhance our understanding of economic processes under way, and deliver well-founded recommendations to policy makers and the business community.
- Growth and development
- Fiscal policy, unemployment and demographic trends
- Financial sector, inflation and monetary policy
- External balances, capital flows and monetary and exchange rate policies
- Innovation management
- Competitiveness of companies and sectors on the road to the European Union
- European economic space - development problems and accession challenges